Register Calendar Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
Sue Bee

Reply with quote  #1 
I am currently using this course with a 7th grader (almost 13 yrs old).  It is working wonderfully!  We have currently paused our "spine" history reading and jumped over to Discovering Music for a few chapters, and it is like mortar for him.  Many of the main names and places were introduced in his history course, and so watching DM and discussing just glues everything together.  (And even new names and places are well-explained in DM, so he's not overwhelmed.)  I am planning to repeat this process for the rest of his history studies.  Great course!
studiomaya

Reply with quote  #2 

Sue, I also used this course with 13 year olds and it was fantastic! We're going to re-watch it eventually (my girls turn 15 in December). You are right, it does "glue" everything together! It's almost a "discovering history" course, not just "discovering music." Even visual arts and literature are included. One of our big takeaways is the important role that artists play and how important it is to pay attention to the arts. The artists always know what is going on, even when everyone else is confused and in turmoil. A huge, huge reason why the schools need to focus on the arts, not eliminate them.

AvilaMary

Reply with quote  #3 
I just started this year and am loving it already! Her enthusiasm is contagious and she really, and I mean really, knows Andrew understands what she's talking about.
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.